- Purpose of the Regulations
- Entry, Permanence and Departure
- Assignment of Mooring
- Fishing Craft
- Supervision and Sanctions
- Public Display of the Regulations
All users of the Vilamoura Marina, hereinafter designated as "the Marina", of which LUSOTUR - Sociedade Financeira de Turismo, S.A. is the concessionaire, shall comply with what is laid down in these Regulations.
1. On entering the marina all craft must hoist the Portuguese flag, in addition to the flag of their own nationality.
2. A fine will be applied when breaking the rules stipulated in the previous paragraph. The fine may range from a minimum of 5000$ to the maximum of 100 000$.
1. On entering the marina all pleasure craft must moor at the "waiting jetty" in order to:
a) Regularise their permanence at the reception and control services;
b) Complete the necessary formalities with the police and customs authorities.
2. Whenever the circumstances require, craft manoeuvres may be accompanied by the marina maritime services personnel.
3. A fine will be applied when breaking the rules stipulated in nr 1. The fine may range from a minimum of 5000$ to the maximum of 200 000$
1. While craft are in the marina, their owners or representative must:
a) Ensure that the situation of the craft is duly legalised with the Marina Services at the reception and at the police and customs authorities;
b) Ensure that the craft is properly moored so that no part juts over the catwalks preventing the free passage of pedestrians;
c) Keep the craft's outside clean and neat;
d) Ensure that on the outside of the craft the name and registration port is written in a fully visible place;
e) Keep the craft in perfect conditions of floatability;
f) Comply with the rules of good neighbourliness;
g) Comply with the rules stated by the concessionaire and displayed in the harbour.
2. While craft are in the marina, their owners or representative must inform the Marina Management of any absence, informing the way and place where they can be contacted or the person who represents them, in case of need.
3. A fine will be applied when breaking the rules stipulated in the previous paragraphs. The fine may range from a minimum of 5000$ to the maximum of 200 000$.
1. While staying in the marina it is not allowed to:
a) Sail at a speed over three knots in the inner harbour on entering or leaving it, causing waves that may be an inconvenience to other users;
b) Dispose of oil, objects and refuse of any kind, except in the appropriate bags and containers placed on the jetties or in adjacent areas;
c) Try out engines and carry out any work inside the craft that may disturb other users, from 8 pm to 9 am of the next day;
d) Use searchlights, except in an emergency;
e) Moor in the outer harbour and access channel to the inner harbour or whenever impeding to the free manoeuvring of other crafts;
f) Remain at the fuel jetty and waiting jetty longer than necessary;
g) Carry out noisy or polluant repairs or other work at berths;
h) Make electrical connections to terminals of any kind, except with the use of the plugs indicated by the marina services;
i) Bathe in the inner harbour;
j) Use any kind of vehicles on the catwalks;
k) Use trailers or tents for either accommodation or for lucrative purposes;
l) Keep domestic animals without ensuring that they are under control and will not disturb other users;
m) Carry out any commercial activity or publicity, except when authorised by the marina management;
n) Drive or use vehicles in the area round the marina, except in case of duly identified users with appropriate card;
o) Enter jetties, except in case of users, owners, or responsible for crafts, their families or guests when accompanied by them, as well as suppliers.
2. A fine will be applied when breaking the rules stipulated in the previous number. The fine may range from a minimum of 5000$ to the maximum of 200 000$.
1. Without prejudice of the respective sanction in the terms of these Regulations, the infraction of the above mentioned duties stated in articles 3, 4 and 8 or the interdictions consigned in article 5, the Marina Director reserves the right to order immediate removal of the offending craft from the berth it is occupying.
2. When the order above mentioned cannot be notified to the offender due to cause attributable to him or, when notification is not promptly attended, the removal shall be carried out by the Marina personnel, and the costs of the removal will be on the owner’s expense or his representative.
3. When circumstances owing to service necessities or weather conditions arise, the removal of craft from one berth to another may also be ordered and the indicated in the previous number shall be applied with the respective adjustments.
The stay in the marina may be terminated at any time provided that the user:
a) Presents document issued by the marina, confirming that there are no outstanding debits;
b) Has completed all the necessary formalities with the maritime and customs authorities.
1. The transfer to third parties of the right to a berth can only be made after the previous consent, in writing, of the concessionaire (Marina).
2. The temporary cession to third parties of the right mentioned in the previous number can only be made through the concessionaire according to terms and conditions for each case.
3. The temporary cession to third parties without charge can only be made with the prior knowledge of the concessionaire.
1. The staying rates in the marina and any services contractually provided by the concessionaire are fixed annually.
2. The concessionaire assures, with exclusive rights, the services to the Marina clients stipulated in the contracts.
1. A deposit for berthing tariffs must be made at the time when arrival declaration is made.
2. Any services rendered to craft must be paid at the time, as well as fuel and lubricants when supplied.
1. For the calculation rates for staying in the Marina, there are 24-hour rental periods considered, starting at noon.
3. Should the stay be longer than expected, notification of this fact and a payment of the provision referred in number 1 of Article 10 must take place on the day before the end of the period declared on arrival.
1. Until the port for fishing vessels is constructed in Quarteira,the fishing vessels registered in Quarteira are authorised to use the outer harbour of the Marina under the conditions stipulated in the present regulation and if authorised by the Marina.
2. The vessels considered for this purpose are those classified in the stipulated in article 67 of Decree-Regulamentar nº 43/87 dated 17th July.
3. To comply with the referred in 1. The Maritime Delegation of Quarteira will provide to the Marina until 30 days after the publication of this Regulation a list of the fishing vessels registered as "pesca local”.
4. The cancellation of registration, as well as new registrations after the above mentioned list is provided, must always be handed over to the Marina by the Maritime Delegation of Quarteira within 5 days after registration.
5. Only the vessels indicated in number 3. and with the updates indicated in number 4. may be authorised to use the outer harbour of the Marina.
6. With bad weather, and only when the outer harbour does not have safety conditions, the fishing vessels may be authorised, case-by-case, to use the inner harbour.
7. Under these circumstances, the Maritime Police, after consulting the Director of the Marina, will analyse security conditions of the outer harbour authorize and discipline the utilization of the inner harbour and proceed with its evacuation as soon as the weather conditions are safe.
8. The non-compliance of numbers 1. and 5. may lead to the payment of fines which range from a minimum of 5000$ to a maximum of 200 000$.
1. The fishing vessels authorised to stay in the outer harbour of the Marina, under the terms stipulated in Article 12, must leave a clear access channel to the inner harbour, defined by the following alignments Western entry beacon with Marina control tower and Eastern entry beacon with the wall top foundation-stones of channel inner harbour.
2. The fishing vessels must comply with the instructions of the Marina services and by the Maritime Authorities, to guarantee the referred to in number 1.
3. The non-compliance of the stipulated in numbers 1 and 2 will be fined from a minimum of 5000$ to a maximum of 200 000$.
1. The Director of the Marina when special circumstances may arise, namely when regattas or festival activities and after informing the maritime authority, may order the fishing vessels to leave the outer harbour of the Marina for the length of time considered necessary.
2. The disobedience of the referred in number 1. may be fined from the minimum of 5000$ to the maximum of 200 000$.
1. The outer harbour and inner harbour may be used by the fishing vessels under the terms of this Regulation as long as the security and navigation of yachts are guaranteed.
2. The non-compliance of the stipulated in number 1. will be fined from a minimum of 5000$ to a maximum of 200 000$.
1. The fishing vessels are not allowed to:
a) Use the inner harbour of the Marina except under the circumstances previewed in numbers 6. and 7. of article 12.
b) Clean nets or throw garbage, in the inner or outer harbour.
c) Paint or carry out any repairments, which may cause any inconvenience to the Marina clients or cause pollution.
d) Use any of the Marina installations or vicinity areas, unless expressly indicated under the terms of this Regulation.
e) Unload or handled fish in the inner or outer harbour unless in the location specifically designated.
2. The non-compliance of the stipulated in numbers 1 and 2 will be fined from a minimum of 5000$ to a maximum of 200 000$.
1. Using the inner or outer harbour when not allowed namely the previewed in articles 13, 14, 15 and the not allowed indication of article 16, the Director of the Marina, will order the removal of the vessels, inform the Maritime authorities of the decision and purpose the respective fine.
2. When the order indicated in number 1. is not promptly carried out, the vessels may be lifted or moved to appropriate areas.
3. The expenses with the removal of the vessels will be of the owner’s expense.
1. The concessionaire of the marina as well as the police authorities are responsible for ensuring that there is compliance with these Regulations.
2. It is due to the police authority with jurisdiction in the area the preliminary instructions for the countermand determined in the present Regulation as well as the taking of caution measures and the application of fines and additional sanctions.
These Regulations shall be made known to the public and be displayed in a clear visible place on the premises and in the services depending from the police authority with jurisdiction in the area.
The Minister of Public Works, Transports and Communications, Joaquim Martins Ferreira do Amaral.